Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 2011 Family letter

Dear Family, (including, but not limited to Jared and Nathan who are so far away)

Happy March madness. We’re as mad, happy, etc, as we last were. We’re amazingly boring.



Adam is winding down. Law review, moot court, etc. in a little more than a month law school will be a happy memory. He’s hoping to get a clerkship, working for a federal (or state) judge.



Bethany, Brandon and boys are coming for two weeks . Technically, they’re coming so that Brandon can interview for jobs (he’ll be a real live chiropractor soon) but, we’re polishing our party hats and setting up the game boards.



We wish Nathan (and Adam and Jared) could join us, but Nathan’s still in Mexico. He’s still alive, and from what little we hear, he seems happy, well adjusted, but stinky… I seem to remember a snaffoo with his shower. He's working with the church's employment center and teaches workshops that help people begin businesses. He loves teaching and at his last class he had 140 attend.



Jared’s letters are a heady dose of enthusiasm. It’d be awesome to be as excited about life as Jared. He loves his mission. They do little tracting and do most of their contacts on the streets. He has yet to be hit by a car, which proves that miracles really do happen.



Miranda and Natalie just finished roadshow. There’s a possibility that this was our very last… wouldn’t that be awesome? Sad, of course, for those who loved it…



Larry goes to work. For someone who hates talking on the phone, he’s doing a great job as executive secretary. He doesn’t hang up on people or do anything remotely rude, although I suppose at times he is tempted.



I love, love, love being the primary pianist and I hope I get to keep the bench for life. Last week Isaac broke Ben’s nose and this week Isaac sang operatic in senior primary. Stuff like that never happens in Relief Society. A few weeks ago my piano bench was wobbly and the primary president, who had been sitting on it, complained. So, I flipped it over, tightened the screws and thought, this is about as intellectually challenging as this calling gets. I do other things besides play the piano. I run, I clean stuff, I get jealous. My critique partner’s book came out last week. A guy I met at a writer’s conference a couple of years ago just came out with his second. Another friend sold her book; another has her book being read by an editor with a major publisher. But, none of that matters because, hey, my kitchen’s clean. And I’ve finally lost all that weight I gained when I was relief society president and what else matters? (Joking, there’s plenty that matters, like getting this letter mailed tonight so that Jared will have something to read 2 am our time.)

Much love,

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment