Monday, March 28, 2011

Jared 3-14

Hello Family!
no problem about last week I enjoyed getting 2 letters this week :) So do you have to send the letters before 7:30 am? or is that at night?
Life is great here in Taiwan! Sometimes I forget that I'm in Taiwan, and I'll have little shocks... It's really good fun :)
I've heard about the earthquake, and the tsunami that went along with it, and apparently the east side of Taiwan got hit really bad, but that actually isn't part of our mission. That is the Taibei mission actually, so has had no effect here in Taizhong. But yeah Brandon must be having the time of his life... I know here in Taiwan all the missionaries love Typhoons and other natural disasters. I know it sounds horrible, but it's a great opportunity to serve the people that we love, and it's a good humbling experience for these people, and well it's really just a lot of fun I guess :P Unfortunately here in Taiping (the suburb of Taizhong that I'm serving) we don't really get typhoons.
Everything here is amazing, the people are so prepared it's great :)
Our main focus right now is the Bai family, Bai dixiong and his wife li jiemei. They are doing amazing. They passed their baptismal interview on saturday, and they are just so amazing. Li jiemei has no problems, she loves the Book of Mormon, and reads it everyday probably more than we do. Bai dixiong has been having a tough time quiting smoking. He's stopped now, but it's obvious that this week building up to his baptism are going to be rough, Satan will really work to tear down everything he's built up, but we know that Bai dixiong can easily overcome that. And luckily he has great support of 2 missionaries devoting all they're time for him, a wife that won't let anything postpone her baptism, and a loving heavenly father to support him in his efforts.
Our next big man is Duan dixiong. His family used to meet with us, but the daughter didn't really have interest, and the son came upon some anti Mormon literature and now he thinks baptism is too fast... But Duan dixiong is amazing. He also is quiting smoking, and he seems to be having an easier time. Yesterday his last pack ran out, and so today he should be completely clean. We still have to follow up on that, but he's great :)
Other people come and go, and we meet tons each day, it's really a lot of fun. Yesterday we sat down with a brother who is actually a drunk. Him and his wife straight up asked us what things does he have to do to change, and we simply told them read, pray, come to church, and obey the commandments of God, and his life will turn around. I'm excited to see the Atonement of our Savoir Jesus Christ work miracles with him. And we're sure when it does his wife too will have her hearten softened.
It's great here. I love it. I love you all back home, and I'm greatful for all the prayers you offer for me. You have always been a great example for me, and looking back you are such a blessing to the missionaries in your ward. So in missionary work we take a lot of numbers, to keep track of progress and whatnot, and one number is the number of nonmembers who came to church. I was laughing to myself one day when I thought about my farewell talk. That day the missionaries numbers must have skyrocketed with like 20 nonmembers at church :P Fun fact, I know has no real relevance :P I would actually really like to know, what things are you doing to help the missionaries in your ward? Besides feeding them, what amazing blessings have they received because of you?
-Elder Tate
Tang Zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment