Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jared 3-6-11

It's pretty amazing being a missionary, right now I'm in an internet cafe, where one of our friends work, so this is free. And afterwards I'll get my haircut by an inactive... for free. Yeah it's a sweet life.
So this last week has been pretty interesting. My trainer went to a leadership training meeting on Tuesday, so for most of that day I went on exchanges with an Elder Evans, and we stayed in my area. So effectively for that entire day I was the senior companion, and was incharge of making sure we got to where we needed to be. Well needless to say, we got lost a few times, but that's okay because we still did amazingly that day, and at the end we found our way back to my trainer and life continued on as usual.
Well almost usual, the very next day we saw quite the miracle: It was around lunch time, and we were looking for a place to eat. We saw a great little place, good prices, pretty clean, and just alround nice little place to stop for lunch, but for some reason we decided not to eat there. No real big reason, just not too appealing (I think they might have offered Karoke). So we continued on and saw a place that I had been to just the day before. Last time the boss gave me free soup, and helped me figure out the map so I suggested we go there for lunch again. While there my chinese was barely understandable (as usual) and a nice sister helped me out, and taught how to properly say it. We started talking (the three of us, my trainer included) and she ended up sitting down and eating lunch with us, we ended up teaching her about the message of the restoration, and she loved it. On the spot believes Joseph Smith is a prophet of her Eternal Father. Super prepared daughter of God, who randomly decided she wanted to sit down for lunch with some white guys, is now being taught by the sister missionaries, and I'm excited to hear how well she progresses. Oh yeah, and the next day we tried to eat there again, and we couldn't find it. We think it's closed now. It just goes to show that if you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing, if you are worthy, obedient, and dilligent the Lord will put people in your path, you will be at the right place at the right time, and not entirely know how you got there. What a blessing it is to sieze such opportunities.

-Elder Tate
Tang zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment