Monday, December 27, 2010

Jared's MTC Christmas

Hahahaha I can't believe you have dreams about Warcraft! I haven't even had any dreams about Warcraft yet!
Thank you for my presents, they were really cool :) And for the picture, that is a great one.
Yeah I was surprised when I found out that I don't get my Christmas call, but one elder going out today has a five hour layover, so I think I'll have plenty of time when I do head out. Right around Chinese New Year I believe.
I apologize that the new boys weren't too good at games, and that Adam beat you in Settlers (not that it's much of a surprise :P)
hahaha well Christmas here was super amazing, our teacher (we aren't sure which) made us little stockings that we hung up and opened on Christmas. It was so cute :)
Also did I tell you how my companion's (the original one) ward sent him 2 stockings? Well that was also fun. I'm not quite sure what else would really interest you from up here, it's not snowing as much anymore, so I didn't get a fully white Christmas. I really got like a cold and brownish Christmas :P
Did you all get my pictures? I know it's not much, but I figured it could be a nice little Christmas gift :)
Natalie actually let me know about the random other friends staying for the season, that's good fun :)
I'm just writing a short email right now, just to say hi and what not. Thank you so much for my presents! I loved all the little Asian things I received, that was way cool. And a member of my district had Waffle Crisp so I ate some of that in my little ramen bowl with the Asian spoon, it was so great :)
Christmas here was so fun! It was so great. Christmas Eve we had a little fireside where we did a big 12 days of Christmas thing which was fun. And the Christmas morning we woke up so our zone leaders stealing everyone's shoes. I ended up joining them in the polishing and shining of all the members of our zone's shoes. It was a really cool experience, it reminded me of the spoiled boy I once was when opening presents and thinking of myself instead of others. I also went around a made as many beds in our zone as I could with the little amount of time I had (i think I ended up making 8?)
Then we had a talent show by all the missionaries. There were a lot of really funny acts. We had Elder Nelson come and speak to us in the afternoon, he really brought the spirit :)
In the night we had sack dinners with the zone like we did for thanksgiving and we all shared our traditions of back home. It was funny, that I really didn't feel homesick for a home that I could remember. Instead I felt a longing to be with my Father in Heaven, and to be with the wonderful people in Taiwan. I'm so excited to go there, it's amazing that it's already been 6 weeks!
On Tuesday half of our zone heads out, which will be quite a crazy change...
Love you and miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment