Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Jared Tate wrote:

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Jared Tate wrote:

I just got your letter! maybe it'd be better if you did just send me emails, I dont know.
Dad's work is growing? that's great! much better than the old way of shutting everything down :P maybe the economy would be better when I get back. Either way I'll be going back to China anyways so I'll be okay :)

Oh hey! so the last two weeks in a row we've had Taiwanese/Mainland Chinese people speak to us. It's a sign! they are way going to be openning up China, and when they do I'll be there! :D
Good for Miranda not giving up, I'm sure she did amazing, and being a girl naturally assumed went poorly.

And don't worry mom, no one has thrown tomatoes at me yet :) but I'm looking forward to when they do.
It's freezing here are you kidding? it hasnt been snowing as much, and I think I'm more used to the snow. But it's still really cold here like all the time. However, I do not really want you to send me warm clothes because I'm going to a hot humid island, and frankly snow stuff would be of little use :P As for chinese scriptures, they already supplied me with that kind of stuff so don't worry about it :) I already told you I wanted a Chinese CTR ring tho right? and perhaps a super cheap watch? And maybe like chinese church music? if that exists :P Idk, I dont really have that much I need. I'm well covered here :) All I want is a happy family ;) hahaha

Well everything up here is great. My district, and Zone are super close and it's so great to have such a family feel up here :) The cool thing about my zone is that since we're all here so long there really aren't new people coming and old people leaving very often. In fact there's pretty much just two groups. The older group leaves right after Christmas, and the week after that we get a new crowd, and we're actually the old ones around here. Weird right? Only 2 weeks and I'm half way done with my MTC experience. Feels like I just got here. And also kind of feels like I've been here for years :P And well the fact is I still have a lot more time in Utah, but it's probably for the best. So that I could actually speak to the people in Taiwan.

Fun fact! Taiwan is filled with stray dogs. Cool right? I know not really that cool, but I don't know what you people would be interested to hear about because nobody asked any questions, and Dad's email was like the shortest thing ever. But that's fine, I'm sure things are way busy down there with buying a house, and being warm :P

I was surprised how many people have been reading these emails. I had a couple people write me about them, which was pretty amusing :)

Did you know that the Bible is filled with all kinds of fun stories? A good one is Elisha and the shebears (2 kings 2:11?)

But my favorite scripture at the moment is probably Proverbs 28:25. That's why I was chubby as a kid!

-Elder Tate
-Tang zhong lao

No comments:

Post a Comment