Monday, April 4, 2011

Jared, 4-4

Okay, I have to admit that I find the difference between Jared's letters and Nathan's pretty funny. K

Hello Family!
Good to hear from you all :)  I like to start by responding to other emails first so...
There's new things everyday, nothing that'd you all would be too interested in, but the rules of our mission are going through some new changes with the new president.
Concerning conference we actually have not watched it yet.  We will have an opportunity this weekend, but we are postponed a week so they can translate it into Chinese.  We'll still watch it in English, but just in a room of our chapel while our investigators watch the Chinese one.  So as of right now I don't have a favorite :P
Our stake is all of Taichung.  If you'd like to look up the population, it's pretty big.  To help you understand the activity here: there are about 700 members in our ward, 120 that come actively. 
My life really isn't like the best two years because well, I speak Chinese. :P
Whenever I get discouraged I just take a second and look at myself.  Ask myself why am I discouraged.  Most of the time it is because I want the gratification of people willing to meet, or I want my senior companion to say I did a good job in the lesson, or some other prideful desire.  In reality I am doing the Lord's work.  If I don't have the Holy Spirit with me I can accomplish nothing.  If I am frustrated I will not have the Spirit, and therefore I am wasting my breathe.  So at times I am frustrated, I remember my blessings, what I've been taught and try a new technique.  And sometimes just for fun I'll start off by talking to someone by saying Shengri kuaile (Which means happy birthday)
My favorite seminary teacher was brother faustead.... the bald guy... I forgot his name :/
Preparation days are Monday, and yeah we are still really busy.
Weather is cold lately, and really windy.  and there is a permenant smog over the city :)
I'm back to a normal companionship of two.
Mom you were talking about being old, but back in America, especially for grandma being old is a good life.  Here in Taiwan, old people are forgotten.  We've sat down with many old bei bei's that really just wanted someone to talk to.  They are adorable.  Old Asian are amazing, especially when you have to try and speak taiwanese with them.
Everything in Taiwan is amazing.  Our new members are still active, Bai dixiong is such a kid.  He's 30 years old, and plays video games all day; He also thinks church is boring and I'm 99% convinced he only comes because he knows he should, and if he didn't his wife would be disappointed.  Just like any priest aged boy right?
Our investigator Liu dixiong just passed his baptismal interview and he's being baptised on Saturday, and he's great.
I love being here.  I know this work is true.  I've been learning a lot lately, especially on leadership.  My Senior has really taught me a lot about listening to the council of leaders.  And I've learned to just accept council from your leaders, from my zone leaders, Mission president, Prophet and especially from God.  Accept the council you are given, don't ask questions, don't doubt, accept that they are called from God and do it.  I love our leaders.  I'm excited to here from the prophet.  I love you all.
-Elder Tate
Tang zhanglao



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment