Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jared 4-18

Hello Family!
Happy burn money and make loud noises day! hahaha, today is a Chinese God's birthday (I assume) so everyone's outside burning they're money for the ancestors and blowing firecrackers! It was really quite the hoot the first couple times they did it (it's a God's birthday at least once a week), but today it seems just a little bit louder than normal :P
Answer some questions:
Favorite Mormon movie is The Testaments.
My Trainer was always impressed by my Chinese, but honestly my first couple days I really didn't understand too much. Just because the accents different here, and well it's Chinese :P Now I am no where near fluent, but I am dilligently working to speak as the natives do :)
My Favorite Hymn is Lead Kindly Light. (I believe Hymn #69)
Natalie I am not able to tell you what you should do when it comes to having a zero period, or taking summer classes. I personally wish I had done summer classes, and zero period.
Miranda I'm sure you can handle church, a job, drama and school. One thing I've learned on my mission is that there is time to do anything. But you really have to think about priorities. What's most important, and are you willing to sacrifice for that?
Taiwanese people don't really like really sweet things, and I'm too poor to buy candy. Easter came and went, nothing too big.
Yes I keep a Journal.
Sorry Mom, I still don't know what's going on for Mother's day. I don't know how or when I'll call you. It'll probably not be the most convienant time for you, but I'll let you know next week :)
Thank you everyone for you love and support. I would really like some more pictures though. I'm pretty sure you can send it though email (Nathan sent some earlier) but I'd really love it if you sent me some hard copies too.
I love you all. I'd like to close with my testimony, that everything is really in the Lord's hands. This last week we've kind of been struggling finding willing people, and helping them progress to baptism. We do everything we can in this life, and when it comes down to it rely on the Lordto fill in the gaps. I know that our Savior Lord Jesus Christ is waiting with his hand outstreatched to help us fill in our gaps, he is waiting for us to plead for his help. In 1820 a 14 year old boy did plead help and as result God's true church is back on Earth. I am incredibly grateful for the faith of that boy. I love you all, and I love this Church.
-Elder Tate
Tang zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment