Monday, January 10, 2011

From Jared in the MTC

Hello family! I very much so enjoy the letters :)
This week has been especially cold. Like ridiculously cold. My thermals are miracle workers thought, because I could not even imagine trying survive without them. Our departure date keeps changing so it's pretty exciting :) I might end up going to taiwan on the 2nd!! that'd be crazy!

Umm, so this week was cold, I don't remember much else... Right now we have 6 fake investigators, which makes scheduling super crazy. With one of my fake investigators we're having a fake baptism on Saturday which is pretty exciting, and next week we should be having another. I already feel successful! hahaha. One of them, whenever we try to extend a commitment (like word of wisdom or anything) he just says, "you don't have to ask me!" it's really funny, I love teaching him, even if he isn't really an investigator and just my teacher.

This week we had a couple really cool firesides. Yesterday was particularly cool because it was all about investigators. And apparently the pilot program (the reason why i have fake investigators) will be fully implemented in August, which is really cool because it's definitely an inspired program. It's funny because we're one of rthe first so they keep trying new activities with us and what not. Twice last week we did activities and had most of the board managers and what not for the MTC watching us. Exciting right?

On Wednesday all the new elders for Chinese speakers came in! that was pretty exciting because it only happens once while we're here :P there are 2 more districts with the pilot program so we get to help them manage investigators. I already feel like a trainer... The only problem with the new influx of c hinese missionaries is that they all want to be like me, so the line for four square is ridiculous!

Oh hey! thank you so much for my shoes, I love them! they are so comfortable, so thank you very much :)

I assume you all just read these for family home evening like good old times, good for you. So my companions remind me a ton of my little sisters. They both are super amazing, love them to death and I learn so much from them. But one of them takes forever to do anything, and the other is always thinks he's right, even if he doesn’ t neccessarily (I dont know how to spell it get over it :P) always voice it. Love them to death tho :)

Yes Miranda we do have fast sunday here. We wake up at 6:30 still, and don't eat till 5:20, so it's definitely harder than before when I'd wake up at one and eat at 3 :P But that's the only time that we do fast here, unless for other reasons you want to. Like some fasted for family back home and what not.

I enjoy reading your letters family :) even if they are silly things, it just reminds me of home and i love it :) (yes Natalie I have a feeling that I'm officially becoming 'spiritually legit') lawls.

Haha gongxi (congrats) on seeing Bryn at the dance. Yeah she was pretty proud of her costume for that dance (so poud she told me about it, hahaha) and of course she's a good dancer, she dances.

Alrighty It's great to hear from you family, and whoever else is writing me, I love getting letters, and I wish I could respond write when I get them (but that would be ridiculously distracting)

"Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the son come into correspondence." (Bible Dictionary definition of Prayer) It is not when the will of the two line up you start praying, nor the instance, but the continual act by which you are able to align your will with God's. So constantly be striving to align your will with God's and he will do what is best for you.

Feng Yesu Jidu de ming amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment