Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jared: Valentines Day Taiwan Style.

Hello family!
The only sign of Valentines Day here was a little balloon on the senior missionaries desk back at the mission office. We don't celebrate Valentines Day here, and well thats probably for the best. Don't want too many elders sitting at home eating chocolate reading dear John's. In fact we don't want any elders like that! (of course...)
It's been raining pretty consistantly here as well, and surprisingly enough, it's cold. It's probably like 50 degrees, which is nothing compared to the 0 back in Utah, but it's so humid here you're slightly cold no matter where you are. It's getting a lot better tho, weather wise :)
Have I told you that everything here in Taiwan in amazing? Because seriously it is. The food is to die for, and we normally get all you can eat rice meals, for 50 kuai. (i don't know how much that is in American, I'll leave you to figure that out :) Traffic here is really quite amusing. Everyone thinks that Asian drivers are really bad, when really they are quite impressive, I haven't seen things back at home that these people can pull off. They are super defensive, and they seem to know everything that's going on. I don't think I've seen any accidents, and everyone is just super friendly. They like to let you know that your behind them (just a little honk) and they always give a little honk just before running a red light. It's great :)
Today is "Power Cleaning Day" (much better than Valentines day if you ask me) and our appartment (sp?) looks amazing! (as expected of course) We also went over and helped out another couple of elders clean theirs (they helped with ours as well)
As for our investigators, they're all going swimmingly. I met a super prepared individual yesterday, and I'm excited to teach him more tonight.
Well the book is blue, the book is true. Lately I've been really thinking about the power of music, and how it really does have a dramatic effect. While in the MTC my companions and I sang in the choir, and that was really such a great experience, to be able to invite the spirit, and enjoy the gift of music. I really believe that music has a dramatic effect on our lives, and it wasn't until recently I've noticed how much of an impact is has on me specifivally. When we sing hymns, or listen to church music it really makes me uplifted and helps me think about the good things I'm currently doing, and things I'll do better. At other times I look back on my life and think about some of the other music I used to listen, and how that may have effected the rest of my day. I'm so greatful for my great access to uplifting music, and I encourage you all back to listen to the kind of music that invites the Spirit, and get rid of the music that invites pride and unrighteous doing. I love you all, and it's amazing to hear how amzing you all are, and I look forward to hearing more!
Wan an :)
-Elder Tate
-Tang zhanglao

No comments:

Post a Comment