Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jared 1/31

Hi family! Okay so I leave next Tuesday! Crazy Right?! I'm so excited! How long has it been? 3 months? I stopped keeping track, and now I just count down till I actually leave :D
We keep on hearing cool things from Taiwan. The latest thing is apparently they have spiders that a foot in diameter! Cool right? Freaks my companions out to no end, but I like the idea of hanging out with those, and eat "1000 year old eggs" supposedly way strange, but that's okay :)
So i've officially been here too long. I think I'm getting to the point that I feel like this is my mission, and I'll just never leave. And we speak so much Chinese sometimes it weirds me out when other people speak english. We were watching the Joseph Smith movie last night and I had 2 moments that made me realize I've been here way too long. The first was about half way through I thought to myself "Wow, why are they still speaking english." The second was there was a girl running (in her twenties or something) and I thought to my self "Oh know! she won't be able to see her companion!" Lawls right?
I should be sending a package home soon. It's not very exciting for you. It's merely a collection of all the letters I've gotten here, because I don't want to throw them away, and I don't want to carry them around. So if you could just put that with my box or something that'd be great :) There should also be a few more pictures for you to oggle at. :)
Hmmm.... I don't know what else you would have interest in. Everything is pretty much the same here... Oh yeah! brb
okay. SO I'll be leaving on February 8th 2011 :)
From 12:25 PM to 3:50PM I will be on layover in LAX. You may not come and visit me, however I will be giving you a call sometime during that time block. I am aware that the girls will most likely be in school, and you're all pretty busy, but I am permitted to give a small call so I'll do that :) Unless you have a time that you particularly want me to call during, I will try and call around 1:30? How does that sound? Well let me know.
Love you very much :) Thank you parents for reading the scriptures everyday. At the time I never really realized the blessings that came from it, but now I can see the effect of being able to gather every night and just read a page. I love the scriptures, I love this church, but most of all I love you <3
-Tang zhanglao
-Elder Tate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment