Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Scripture Experiment: A Life Chronicle


I want to share with you what I’m calling my Scripture Experiment. I’m taking a conference talk and giving myself a weekly challenge based upon the talk.

The first talk was President Packard’s.
I was touched by his life-long poem and decided to write not a poem, but a chronicle of my life. It surprised me how easily my life fell into these five year chapters. Each five years really did seem to comprise a chapter of my life, although some chapters and years were more eventful than others. It was interesting to look back, review and realize that even though circumstances have changed—I am still, at heart, the person I’ve always been and that the person I was 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago is still here. My body has matured, but so has my spirit and like President Packard, I can’t regret the maturation, because each life chapter and lesson has taught me things I needed to learn.
I love this scripture:
 Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
As I’ve gotten older my life has grown more and more peaceful. My house is quiet. I’m not as busy. My days are my own to live as I choose.
I have a wonderful life, and by looking back at these chapters, I realize that it’s been a wonderful life all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment