Monday, November 29, 2010

Jared's letters from the MTC

Jared's first letter from the MTC 11/22/10

Well, I didnt get a message from you, so idk what to think. Oh wells, MTC is crazy good :)
my companion is awesome, and the spirit is really strong. My district is super cool, especially our hilarious district leader. My district has 7 people in it, 6 of which are going to taiwan, and 3 of them are sisters, which is nice :) my chinese is really coming along, and everyone was super impressed the first few days of class, but I really don't know that much more than anyone else, because my class never taught about church vocabulary.
It's a ton of work here, but it's good work. My class is on a new pilot teaching method which is actually super crazy. On our first day our teach would rarely teach english to us (and still rarely does). On our second day we were given an "investigator." (He's really a teacher, but we have to treat him like an investigator, and he only speaks chinese.) We've had three lessons with him so far (all in chinese), and we have another one tonight. On Friday, we lose him :'( and get two new ones (both in chinese of course.) I really like this new teaching program though, it really provides focus to our study time. During our study time, instead of relaxing and what not, we have to study up and figure out how we're going to be teaching xia dixiong (our investigator) for that night. I love our teacher, she's really great.
It's snowing here.... definitely not used to that. But I'll have a white Christmas which is pretty cool :)
How's home? How's the 'girlies' :P
One of the coolest things I've learned I read from "Our Search for Happiness" and ii regret that I dont have it with me, or else I'd quote it. But it said something along the lines of "Joseph Smith's great grandfather prophesized of a time when his lineage will bring about a great change in the religious views of the world." Crazy right?
Oh I had a couple favors I wanted to ask you. I would like you to make sure my address on my facebook account is right. Have the girls do this next part or something: I would like you to go on my Account and write in under my bio that I would prefer everyone sign up for and use the Dear Elder sight to write me. I've had a couple friends do that, and it's really convenient for both of us :) Also I would ask that my family (you) also use the Dear Elder sight to write me, and of course I will respond via email.
The address my facebook should say is:
Elder Jared Richard Tate
MTC Mailbox # 115
TAIW-TCG 0210
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793.
And dont forget the dear elder thing. Thank you for everything you have taught me, and the various ways you supppoort me. Love all of you :)
-Elder Tate or now I'm actually called tang zhanglao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment